Monday, February 1, 2010

home SWEET home!


A student came up to me today and told me that his family was taking their summer vacation to Utah and wondered what they should go see. My heart lept! Class was starting in about 3o seconds but I couldn't help myself and answered his question. He told me they they wanted to do National Park stuff, I told him that Zions was a must, and if they wanted to go off the beaten path to venture up to Kolob! (O how I love Kolob!!) Then we talked about how his Dad wanted to go to Bryce Canyon and they were also going to Moab. So I couldn't help but then talk to him about Goblin Valley and how incredibly awesome that place is.

If only I could have talked to him more, I would have told him to go over to Enterprise and eat at Marvs and of course to Beaver to see the giant rocking chair! This 2 minutes of conversation with Isaac was the happiest of the day.

Utah I miss you:)

7 comments:

Erica said...

Sarah--I'm drooling right now just thinking of all those wonderful spots in Utah that I can hardly WAIT to go visit! We just moved back to Utah at the beginning of the year and we already have plans to visit Moab, Arches, Zion, and every place else that we've missed out on! I think we better put on our list of things to do Enterprise and Beaver!! I miss you Sarah Ware!
PS--There is a family with the last name of Ware in my new ward--no relation! I already asked them!!

Ian and Lara said...

Oh I am missing Utah too! The good old days!! Glad you still remember little ole Enterprise :) How are ya?

bhblood said...

Utah misses you Sarah Ware! Come back to visit (or live) soon!

Steph H said...

I need to take better advantage of this great state. Can you believe I've never even been to Moab? I'm so ashamed...

Kel said...

Me too Sware! And I miss you.

Lisa said...

I think Utah misses you too! Sad thought but I don't know if Marv's is still open but they now have one in St George. I ate there not to long ago. It is true you don't appreciate things when you are right there. I'm still in Cedar and I don't even know what the big rocking chair in Beaver is.

Caelee and Chris said...

We were in Southern Utah this weekend and made a quick stop in Cedar and I always think of you when we pass you first apartments! We ate at the Marv's in St. George too and it was really good! I miss you too and I hope that next time you are in Utah you give me a call so we can get together! Love ya kid!