Thursday, December 10, 2009

They are like peanuts, Ms. Ware


So the other day a student came in to see me before school. He handed over a large Costco almond container that was about 1/4 full of almonds and said, "Ms. Ware, I brought you a present. They have such a good flavor you are going to love them. I was eating some on the bus this morning."

I told him how kind he was to think of me to bring me such a gift! He continued, "Ms. Ware, they are only a year old. But don't worry they are like peanuts, they never get old! They have such a good flavor you are going to love them!"

I again told him how grateful I was for him and had a vision of his mom cleaning out the pantry the night before and him telling his mom to not throw them away but that he would bring them to Ms. Ware! Because "they are like peanuts they just don't get old"!!

How does this this not just bring you joy?!

3 comments:

valerie said...

That is the cutest story ever!! What a cute little boy? What grade are you teaching now?

Tacy Marie said...

I like your new picture up top. I miss seeing you all around.

Jenny said...

that is too cute! it makes me wonder how long they really last?