Thursday, January 15, 2009

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE


Remember by last post? 17 degrees as a high? Well that sounds like SUMMER compared to today. I woke up this morning to -20 degrees with a wind chill of -37 (did you see the negative sign in front of those numbers! NEGATIVE!!) Schools were closed all over Minnesota and the national weather service watch put out an "URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE" that states to "avoid going outdoors". But don't worry too much bout us, they also say we will warm up a bit in the afternoon to -5 degrees with a wind chill of -20. I'm feeling better already!!

Take care and stay warm... bundled... indoors!!

(For all you Celsius readers out there. I woke up to -28 with wind chill at -38!! I miss you NZ!)

8 comments:

adrianne s. said...

I guess I won't compain about our 14 degree weather today then, or at least I'll save my complaint for someone else. So, what do you do when it is so cold outside?

valerie said...

Are you kidding me? And I was whinning about 0!! Is that normal winter weather? I'll take my Utah winter anyday over snything that far negative :)

(By the way, are you coming up when Tammy has her baby? We'd love to see you!)

Ian and Lara said...

I had been thinking about you when hearing about the weather out there! That is so crazy! I would not do so well!! Stay warm! (if that's possible)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! It's me, Christy from church! I told you I'd give you the URL to my blog, it's here: http://www.livejournal.com/~xochristy

Today was way fun! Thanks for answering my questions!

Celeste said...

Hey - got your link from AD - I don't know HOW you stand that cold!!! I'm freakin out here with 19 as the low -- You're very brave!

Loralee said...

Sarah!!! I just found your blog! I am so excited! It's so good to see your beautiful face. You look like you are having the most fabulous time ever in Minnesota!

All my love!

Melanie S. said...

Brrrr...Winter's on it's way out here! Take care!

Becky said...

Hello my friend! How happy I was to see a comment from you on my blog! And how appropriate to have it on my post about Spuds! I will dedicate that to you! I love you as much as I love baked potatoes! Man, what have you been up to? It's been so long friend. I miss you. Maybe we should rekindle our friendship and be email buddies?!? my email is rschristiansen@gmail.com and I would love to hear what you've been doing! Stay warm!