I'm an Elk again! That might not mean anything to you but O how happy it makes me! I got hired back to the school where I started my teaching career. I've been gone for 3 years, but doesn't feel like that at all.Tonight was open house. Its when the students and their parents come in and meet the teachers, get their schedules and get acquainted with the school. This is always one of my favorite nights of the whole year, but tonight was particularly great. I'll name just a few reasons why:
- One of my favorite students came into visit! (I know I'm not suppose to have favorites.... sorry!) He heard I was back and wanted to say hello. He is a senior now and I taught him in 6th, 7th and 8th grade. So happy!
- My favorite family came into say hello! The mom use to volunteer in my classroom, I've had 3 of the kids in class and now I'm having a 4th :)
- A 7th grade student, whom I never met, knew my first, middle and last name. Weird.
- I cleared up the rumor about the reason I left Elk River. Nope... nope I was not pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment