
This is me trying muscles for the first time, straight from the shell! This is before I knew what it tasted and felt like. I looked happy then...... little did I know 2 seconds later I would want to vomit! Some how I chewed and swallowed up the salty, slimy, chewy fishy substance never wanting to return to such torture.
Lucky for me that special muscle stayed with me for 24 hours thinking, feeling and tasting that glorious taste! Thinking about makes my stomach church!!
9 comments:
Hahaha!! I can visualize the whole thing..ew I am not a fan of shell fish either...I have major texture issues..blah..I think that is why they are in a shell--they are not supposed to be edible:)
Sarah Ware...It's Amelia Cannon from SUU...do you even remember me? I found your blog in the most random way, I'll have to tell you sometime, but I thought I would say hello!
Hi Sarah! It's your long lost cousin...Surprised? I linked to your blog from Tammy's... it is so fun to see how you are doing in New Zealand. I would love to add you to my blog list if you don't mind...let me know
What the?!?!? When did you get to New Zealand and why did I not know this? I can't believe that i am so out of the loop sometimes. I am so very new to this blogging world but was hanging out laughing on Tammy's site when i found you. Brianna was remembering things about you the other day. I will make sure to check on you more often now. Have fun!
Oh sorry, that sucks. For the record I like muscles. Don't stop trying stuff though. Scallops are much better.
Oooh, I don't care for mussels myself. Jared dared me to try one once (he apparently likes them), I don't remember much about the taste, but the look and texture of them still frightens me. That being said, I am glad to see that you will try new, scary things at least once. What else have you tried?
YIKES! That doesn't sound very appetizing to me. I think I will totally take your word on this one and choose not to ever experiece the taste of those slimy creatures. Kudos to you for trying new things, I don't know that I would be able to do the same. What AWESOME experiences you're having though!
Love ya,
Kathryn
Salty, Slimy, Chewy..MMMM! I don't think I would have been able to get over the smell and sight to even smile and try it! You are a brave soul!
Hey Sarah! Katie told me about your blog and I just had to pop in to see what you were up to. Not much it looks like - WHATEVER! Look at you traveling the world, trying muscles and stuff! I'm glad to see that you are still wearing your "hoodies" everywhere! Talk with ya later!
Post a Comment