Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lots of Layers or Maori Skin

So it was 49 degrees fahrenheit yesterday and high winds coming up from the south pole, which I swear made it colder! Which you say yeah Sarah you've lived in MN you know COLD so 49 is nothing. But can I tell you something, its different. The biggest thing is the heating system and insulation stuff is what makes it different. No central heating. Since I don't have Maori skin I do lots of layering! Yesterday I had 2 long sleeve shirts on, a wool sweater, my thermals, jeans, wool socks and my wool hat. Brrr........ I wish I had Maori skin;)

7 comments:

Aubrie said...

I could really use some of that cold so send it my way..it was 112 degrees here yesterday..we are frying!! This is the time of year I try to remember why I live here!

Bob said...

You look so cute all bundled up! We were talking just the other day about having it too hot or too cold--and I'd choose cold because you could layer-up. If it's too hot you can't do anything but run around naked....well, that sounds kind of fun too:-)
Keep the posts coming, we love peeking into you life!
Melissa & Bob & Fam

tammy said...

well at least you look cute!

The Barlow Family said...

Thank goodness for layers in your neck of the woods. We'd gladly send you some of the HEAT from here. Maybe someday we'll be rich enough to have a summer home somewhere much cooler. Until then I guess I'll keep dreaming. Try to stay warm!

Steph H said...

Wow I haven't checked in a while and look at all these posts!! This is so fun to see what you're doing. Way to live the dream.

Anonymous said...

We love you Aunt Sarah and we miss you so much!! We're sorry that it's so cold there. We're melting here. We love reading what you're doing. It's fun to see your pictures.
Love,
Natalie, Heber & Gabe

Kris said...

Sara Ware!!
Hey this is your old roomate kris!
I cant believe you are in New Zealand! I hope you dont mind me contacting you. I have a blog (no pictures yet) at kkkandad@blogspot.com Darin says we need to change the name. I swear I not racist, my girls names all start with "k" thats how i came up with it.
Anyways, we have two girls, an another girl on the way.
I miss you!!
Kris Singleton Naisbitt