So I got an email from my Grandma and she asked me if I did anything else but eat!? So I wanted to tell you that I really do more than eat (although it does take a lot of my time!) but maybe you would like to know what else I do.

So on a typical day I ride my bike to work (about 2.7 miles). Its a nice ride through neighborhoods. Lately it has been raining A LOT! I rode in a down pour one day and got there and my pants were soaked through! My rain jacket works well though I was dry everywhere else! Welcome to New Zealand winter!
I do odds and ends when I first get to work and then help do an after school program with 7-15 kids from 5-12 years old. They are fun and all talk so cute! I just love the accent. I'll have to show you pictures of them when I get home. The other day the kids were having fun taking pictures with my camera.

Here are some of my favorites!


Monday nights there is a youth group and we do various activities. I really like associating with them. I'm learning them most about the area from them and the people I work with. They are making this such an incredible experience!
2 comments:
What a funny grandma! I bet she is just like you! I love the pictures that the kids took with your camera. They look a lot like all the pictures that I have on my cell phone of our knees and feet and the floor and walls, you know, nothing to expose identity- Gracie is into photography also!!
It's so fun that you get to ride a bike to work! And I love hearing about the food.
Post a Comment