Thursday, April 19, 2012

moments

Have you ever had one of those moments where you step back and really watch yourself in the situation you are in? Its kind of surreal and almost as weird feeling as deja vu! I had one of those moments the other day in class. I couldn't stop laughing. Even now I'm still laughing :D

I was teaching my 6th graders about laundry. We had about 10 minutes of class left. I wanted our time to be educational and I love pulling out my "quick ironing lesson" lesson. So I did. I grabbed my ironing board, iron and a shirt and went to town.

I taught them (quickly) all you need to know about ironing a shirt. I got to the end of my incredibly awesome lesson; they clapped. Then I realized I forgot to give the pivotal conclusion:  How to put down an ironing board! You would be surprised how many people in the world don't know how to do this.

I stopped their clapping and said:

"I will not let anyone that walked through my doors not know how to do this. One day you will look brilliant that you know how to put down an ironing board." 

This was when that moment feeling came. I could barely keep from laughing. I'm talking about putting an ironing board down. What?!!

I showed them the incredible ease of putting down the ironing board. They clapped again.


29 more people in the world know how to put down an ironing board.

You are welcome.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Sarah Ware I love you! You just made my day with this post! Thanks for the laugh! Ironing boards can be tricky!! I wish I could have had you for a teacher! You ROCK! Your kids are so lucky to have you!

sweetheber said...

..and the world is better for it :)

bhblood said...

Haha! I seriously just laughed out loud!! I love you Sarah Ware! Thank you for making this world a better place- one ironing board at a time!!

Jeff and Melina Burgess said...

You make me laugh! There are so many things you taught me that I still use.