Meet Nora. She gets her eyes from me!
So my students do a project and take a baby simulator home over night. (click here to see the website) I wanted to understand a little bit what my students go through so I decided to try for a few hours and bring Nora home Friday night. My co-teacher (Kristen) set her for me from 5:00pm-9:00pm. When leaving my co-worker's room I laugh and ask, "You did turn her off at 9 pm right?" ha ha! We both laugh she says yes! I leave. Here is my experience with Nora:
4:50pm--10 min before Nora turns on. I had to go to go to the grocery store. What do I do?
- Leave Nora in the car and have someone call the cops on me?
- Put her in the trunk she cries someone calls the cops on me?
- Take her into the store, people think grown woman is weird because she is lugging around a fake baby?
Solution: Brought Nora in with a blanket over top so people just think I have a sleeping baby. I hurried as fast as I can so she didn't turn on while I'm in the store. Discovered I'm a horrible mother as I walked away to get strawberries, turned by back as I was searching for the best one. She was more than 10 feet away. Honestly who does that Sarah?!
I make it home without a peep! Nora sits on my couch while I make dinner, grade papers, etc....until:
6:30pm--Nora ate for 15 minutes. I burp her after. She sits on my floor.
8:00pm--changed her diaper, soothed her crying a bit.
9:00pm--good night and good bye to Nora!
easiest "baby sitting" job ever! I put Nora in her car seat and eventually go to bed.
until....
1:00am--Nora's crying .... LOUD! WHAT!! I wake up frantically trying to find the sensor, feed Nora, burp Nora.
Text Kristen.... "thanks for helping me have the real experience. ha ha!"
3:00am--Nora cries again! I change her diaper.
5:45pm--Nora cries again! As I'm feeding Nora I text Kristen. "ha, ha! When did you turn Nora off?!!"
Kristen finally texted me back. She felt horrible. She realized that she accidentally set her for 9pm on Saturday night. We met up 7:45 am she took her so I could head to a meeting I had to go to:) Thank you Kristen!!
I know, I know. For all you mothers out there this was NOTHING!! But quite the motherhood experience for me :) For now I'll just keep the 120 something middle school students I have. That is sufficient for me!
3 comments:
That is awesome
That IS funny!! I'll think twice before I leave the boys with you again. :)
That is funny! I know it is nothing for mothers but not being one I understand how you feel. :)
Post a Comment